Monday, December 29, 2008

The Month of October...

The month of October was good. We didn't do a whole lot, but what we did do was fun. This post might be a tab bit boring, but I better get this stuff posted before I forget what we did. ha!
One Saturday afternoon we went with some of Tyson's classmates out to a "Pumpkin Patch". At least that's what it was called. I don't know about you - but the last time I went to a "pumpkin patch" there were actually PUMPKINS there.
The following was our "Pumpkin Patch" experience...
We got to take a little hayride out to the pumpkin patch - and this is what we saw... Please note I think you can see TWO pumpkins there, they are green. Where are all the other pumpkins? We were totally laughing thinking that it was a joke. haha. Nope that was it. haha.

This is what we found - now this is quality pumpkin picking. (that's sarcasm).

Oh wait - we did find a little orange one. We bought this one for a whole dollar! Yup, big spenders!


Not too sure about about the look on my face - I think I was thinking that "this has got to be a joke - take us to real pumpkin patch."


So the pumpkin patch might not have been the most amazing thing ever - but no worries - the Foliage definitely made up for it. Before moving to Ohio, I was a true believer that Oregon was the most beautiful place for the Fall. But I'll admit - Ohio is just as beautiful. This picture doesn't even do it justice! Tyson has never been to Oregon during the fall, and so I am always telling him how pretty it is. Idaho never has the bursting fall colors, so the poor guy has missed out - till now. Tyson got to experience a truly wonderful fall. The colors in Columbus were so vibrant and beautiful!


And of course one of our FHE Monday nights was dedicated to carving a pumpkin. I'll admit, it was our "first time" carving a pumpkin in our almost 4.5 years of marriage! And we had a good time. We both dug out the guts, and I drew the face on the pumpkin and Tyson did the carving. Then we cooked the pumpkin seeds and they were yummy.

My manly pumpkin man!


Our first carved pumpkin!


I think I look as scary as the pumpkin. And I can say that because I am the blogger.

Our glowing pumpkin on our porch. It gave a nice spooking Halloween glow.


Have you seen enough pumpkin pictures? I know I have. So last but not least, I must show off how our front porch was decorated - this is our "Frankie Baby" - he was our pimp security guard.

Well that was our month. October was good - kinda uneventful but nonetheless it's always the best month to kick off the fall and all the great holidays that follow.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

I will forever smile when I think about a pumpkin patch keeping your experience in mind. Truly funny.

Kris and Kally said...

Gotta love the east in the fall! Although I must say, Kentucky is MUCH prettier than Ohio! :-) Maybe I'm partial....