Friday, August 13, 2010

Summa Time...

hi. we are totally alive! oh my gosh were you so tired of looking at that baby shower post? i know i was. seesh! i get on my blog almost daily, just kinda hope'in the blog fairy magically blogged for me and blogged all about what we've been up to and posted lots of cool pictures. but no. well friends no worries...it's time to get back on track again. we've been on the go go go and having lots of fun.


RIB FEST!

just a couple of weekends ago, Columbus had there annual Jazz and Rib Fest. We were super stoked to go try out some yummy BBQ. We met up with some of our fabulous friends Kelli and Neil.

We all got BBQ Ribs from different BBQ booths. I had never been to a Rib Fest before and I thought it was so cool how every BBQ booth had all there trophy's set up showing off all there winnings. all of our BBQ was tasty.


rib fest 1

rib fest 2

tyson eating some yummy ribs!

One thing that was not cool, was the weather! it was 105 with 100% humidity. it was killer. luckily we found a nice table to sit at by the water front and there just so happened to be fountains that brody played in while we ate.

rib fest 3

happy to be at Rib Fest

rib fest 4

and hello! what's an outing without a group shot. a cop sitting on a horse took this picture - we actually had no idea he even took it. so it turned out better than expected.

rib fest 5

this is how Kelli and I felt when we decided it was time to head to the cars and get in the air conditioning!

rib fest 6

did i mention it was HOT? no really, i don't think you understand. it was like inferno hot. good thing we froze water bottles and kept pouring the cold melting water on brody. he loved it. and hello! what kinda of parents would be if we didn't stop by the park and swing on the swings before we got to the car. honestly! we rock. and brody played for like 15 minutes, till we were all ready to get in the car.

so that was Rib Fest 2010. hooray for a fun evening of family, friends and yummy food!!!
stay tuned for most post...

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

While the baby shower post was great, yes, I was tired of looking at it. Thanks for asking! :) I'll be checking back for more Crowther family goodness really soon.

The Palmers said...

I just love how you guys both have a white shirt on at a BBQ, you are brave, b/c I know my shirt would no longer be white after eating

Amber Smith said...

I was there too and the heat was just about UNBEARABLE!! I hope Brody got to drive in the little kid size jeeps! Shane thought they were so cool :)

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

I so wanted to go to rib fest, but I could not bring myself to go walking around in the horrible heat and humidity! Hopefully next year the weather will be better so I can pig out on some ribs!