Sunday, March 25, 2012

{ hello, march! } ::


Life has been fun, and our days have been great, and i am finally starting to feel more settled in our new home and new "non-student" life. can you believe we've been here now for almost 3 months. crazy! i'm not 100% yet, BUT, as I knew things would, it's getting better day by day with the adjustment of being somewhere new. not gonna lie, i still miss ohio so much, and i am sure i will feel that way for a long time. it might sound soooo silly and ridiculous, but my heart still has some sort of void with all the change that happened so fast. but that's me and that's life. everything is still great, i just have my moments. i'm human and it's me.

But now that things seems to be slipping into a more regular routine and things feel more comfy now I am so happy to let things slow down and to enjoy the little moments with our little family. The sun has been shining bright around these parts, the weather forecast looks great, and it makes me happy. I love the people I spend my days with...and I am so happy that I get to be brody's mom...it's better than just about anything. I am pretty lucky and I know it, but I don't take it for granted. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Everyday really is more fun, but it makes me sad to think how fast it goes by...although I am trying to soak it up as much as I can now so I am not regretting how we spent our time together later. Life is good. brody is my favorite. The husband isn't half bad either (Who am I kidding? He is a total keeper!)


march 4

march snuck up on us and now it's almost over. how did that happen??? while the begining of the month may have brought a day or two of cold even a little snow to us, that has changed drasticly for the good. hello hot weather! we've enjoyed our weekends together. and notice tyson with that pie? of course we had to celebrate pi day back on 3.14!

march 1

our days are spent at the children's museum, being crafty, sitting in the sink blowing bubbles and brody using his incredible imagination by building the "Temple" out of water bottles. love him!

march 5

super brody and his goggles, this kid cracks me up! and a friend of mine, little girl wanted a "Tangled" themed birthday party so she let me help out and i made her invites and cute little Pascal party blowers. i think they turned out super cute!

march 3

there have been a few days that have been so warm that we've spent some of our time inside in the AC and paint. painting rocks was a huge hit! and that spot on our couch is seriously brody's favorite place to be.

match 2

just doing some of our daily stuff...grocrey shopping and saying hi to the cow in front of the store. fancy, eh? and one of our weekly favorite things, lunch dates with tyson, defintely a highlight for us! we love that we get to see Tyson for lunch every week and spend a little extra time wit him. i feel so lucky! and a little shopping at Target too, is always a good way to spend quality time. ;)

march 7

i made a super speedy fast weekend trip back to Columbus last weekend. yay! i signed up to run a race with these lovely ladies and it rocked! i had a blast and got to see wonderful friends and eat some of my favorite food! before i headed back to richmond, i stopped by kelli and neal's house for a few hours. everytime i've seen them, we make a little "hello" video for brody. he's watched them not only on the computer but i've kept the video on the camera too for him to watch. all week he's watched it over and over again, for over a half hour. ha! he loves them sooo much!!!

march 8

before i left for my quick to ohio last friday, it was 89 degrees, so it was time to run through the sprinklers and eat popsicles! it's march, right? while i was away last weekend brody and tyson played together...it was also St. Patricks day, so i made sure to plan some fun green things for my boys. i made brody a cute lucky leprechaun treasure hunt that tyson set up for brody the night before. he loved it, and his yummy treats and it was a fun surprise for brody.

march 6

this past week has just been beautiful! we've spent almost everyday at the park! seeing all of nature come to life makes me giddy! i love spring! we are so spoiled to be having such great weather. but shoot, i'll take it! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love all the fun things you do with Brody. You are such a great mom! I'm glad you are adjusting and settling in. I honestly think it takes a year to feel like you "belong" in a new place.