Sunday, May 13, 2012

{ just call me MOM } ::


004

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley 

this quote is among my favorites. it reminds me every time how much work motherhood really is and how it can truly mold you in all areas of your life, if you let it. there is a constant desire for mothers everywhere to do it all and look good doing it. i strive every day to just do my best and i know i have a long way to go. with my own mother as my role model, i take baby steps to where i hope to be. remembering the little things, and what's truly important will get me there. (with a lot of prayer). 

 i feel soooooo incredibly grateful and lucky to be this little guys mom. i am thankful for tyson who helped make me a mom and that i have him to help me be my best! i am so happy that i get to spend every single day with brody. i wouldn't change that for the world. i am so happy that i am the one who gets to teach him, have adventures with him, dance and laugh with him, wipe the tears, have hard times, and receive endless loves, hugs, and wet kisses every day! i'm happy that he's my little shadow that follows me around everywhere and wants to be where i am. i am happy that he is my little helper and loves to help me do the simple things. i love that i get to be the one to watch this little person grow and learn everyday and watch his personality sparkle and shine. i love you little boy more than you will ever know. you fill my soul with so much happiness and love that sometimes i think my heart could burst! there's nothing better than hearing you call my name "mom/mommy" a million times a day. i need you and you need me. it's perfect!

happy mother's day. xoxo.

1 comment:

linzi said...

thanks for reminding me of her quote. sometimes I am so worn out at the end of the day I start wishing that life was just a little more polished. but in its own way - an unpolished life, with dirt on my shirt and bubbles in my hair - is more beautiful than perfection. probably because when things are stretching us we are progressing - and that's a beautiful thing, huh?! you sure are a beautiful mama!!! thanks, again!