Tuesday, June 10, 2008

and the base keeps runn'in runn'in...


I can't speak for the others, but I love Running!
On May 31st myself, Tyson, my sister-in law Naomi and her friend Katie, ran the Portland Starlight 5k race! Portland Oregon is known as the 'City of Roses' and with that, every year there is the Portland Rose Festival. To kick off a week of celebrating the City of Roses, it all starts with the Portland Starlight Parade, its a week before the Portland Rose Parade and it's a fun parade with floats all lit up, good entertainment and really good marching bands from all around Oregon and other surrounding states.The Starlight Run is before the Starlight Parade and all the runners get to run the Parade route, prior to the start of the parade. There were over 3,500+ people who ran it this year and it was so much fun! It was a great course that took us all through Downtown Portland, the first mile was down hill and flat and the last two miles were up hill all the way back up to our starting point. It was AWESOME!
After the race...SUPER STARS!
KEEP ON....KEEP'IN ON...

So, this past Saturday Intel was putting on a 4.7 k (2.9 miles) fun run/walk - Tyson, myself and my sister-in law Naomi signed up for the run. It was a great morning! It was gloomy but we lucked out and had no rain - just nice cool weather!

Ready... Set... Go...This is us taking off at the start of the race...
After I had finished the race, I ran back and found Tyson and finished with him as well!
After the race
We all did awesome! I came in at 26:11, Naomi came in at 28:25 and Tyson came in at 30:20!
We had a really good time - And we even have something else to look forward too - We are running another 5k on June 21st out at the Oregon Coast! Can't Wait!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Impressive! I didn't know you were both such awesome runners!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

What is your sister in law's maiden name? She looks really familiar to me, like she might have been in the stake I grew up in.

Joy said...

You look much better then I do crossing the finish line! You are my hero. I don't know if I can ever reach your time but it will give me a goal. I am running another one on the fourth of July. I am excited! I think this one will be better.

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Wow, I am totally impressed. Way to go you guys!