Friday, November 13, 2009

buddies

i feel so blessed to have this little buddy by my side all day long. every day is awesome.i feel really lucky. i also feel really lucky that i've been able to so easily transition into the adjustments in life that motherhood brings. brody is such an angel. sometimes while he is napping, i lay down next to him and just stare and stare. i think how amazing it is that i grew him in my belly and that he is here now. i think how amazingly perfect his little healthy body is. i think of what everyone in the entire world is doing at that moment while i am here soaking up these fleeting moments with my baby. i feel like this is what it's all about. i feel close to his soul when i remind myself that this is my divine calling. it really becomes your identity. then there is always my 'to do list' that never really gets done because i have no concept of time when i am with brody, i try and soak up every moment we have together. on the other hand, i feel busy, happy, and accomplished at the end of the day. we get out of the house everyday because brody is such an adventure baby, always on the go. he loves it when we are out and about. he loves checking out his new surroundings and discovering this great big world. tyson and i always wonder what sort of things he will be in to and excited about. sometimes it's hard as parents not to think about the kind of world he will grow up in and all that he will have to face in this lifetime. but we are so happy to take on the challange of having the responsibility to teach him all that he needs to know. we want him to be happy and find joy in life. speaking of joy,listening to him laugh is the best sound i've ever heard. ever. we are loving this time of life and counting our many, many blessings. now, if only we could push pause...

5 comments:

The Lenz Family said...

What a lovely post! Being a mother is such a wonderful gift.

Austyn said...

You are beautiful-and a great mother indeed!

heather said...

I really appreciated this post Jen! Thank you for sharing your joy with us! It's edifying to hear you talk about the small moments that give you such happiness - and it's definitely a good reminder for me! There are definitely those days where I wish I could push pause and enjoy it for a life time (and then other days I wish I could just fast forward through! haha) - lucky for me the good days far outnumber the bad. Thanks for your example!

Lynsey said...

Hey there- you and I sound a lot aline! LOL. I too am searching for that darn pause button! You've inspired me with your Mom/son pictures...I'm going to ask my husband to take more of the two of us- it seems like I'm always the one with the camera! You look VERY happy!

Unknown said...

I have never known anyone to say exactly what I feel, but you do it every single time you talk about Brody. This post especially, I say these things in my head, I just can't write it well. Thanks for expressing MY feelings about my big bitty boy.