Thursday, July 14, 2011

Menu of the Week...

foodie 9

back by popular demand and many request for 'menu of the week' i am back! look forward to a whole new slew of menus and yummy things to eat!!

this is what we are eating for dinner this week...

bbq ribs - these are yummy and EASY! i couldn't find baby back ribs at my grocery store, so i just got pork ribs sans the baby part. and they were seriously so good. you could totally do these on your bbq'er too if you wanted. we will be having these ribs with corn on the cob, baked beans (we like BUSHS Vegetarian style) and watermelon. seriously can't get more summery than that!

crock pot santa fe chicken - this is quite the tasty meal. we like to have it with rice. it's yummy served up as burritos too. we like to top ours with cheese and sour cream. i will also make corn bread muffins to go along side.

grilled chicken with peach bbq sauce - OKAY...so normally when i post a recipe we've already tried it before. but we are going to be brave and try this together. who's with me? its looks super good! and we love chicken and our bbq'er. so let's do this shall we? we will have corn on the cob for sure. we eat a lot of corn on the cob around here in the summer. its just so good! and most likely we will have watermelon too and a side of delish uncle ben's 90 second wild rice. yum!

tomato, bacon, mozzarella, pesto panini - easy and sooo good! the low down: use any bread you want. don't have a panini maker? me neither. either we use our waffle maker or we use the frying pan and don't smash it. anyway you do it. its yummy. i like to add shredded lettuce to mine. i have a wonderful friend who bought me a jar of pesto at Sam's club that is delish. but i see it all the time at the grocery store or it's super easy to make your own pesto too. a great recipe for pesto right here. we will have chips with our sammys and side bowl of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.

for more menu's of the week go
Here!

happy cooking and happy eating!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I've been missing this! P.S. let's do dinner together SOON. P.P.S I'm going to Sams again soon - do you need more pesto?

Unknown said...

mmmmm... everything sounds amazing. Especially the ribs. I've been needing to BBQ... You're my inspiration! (and the crowd breaks out the lighters and song!)

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I think abotu you so much! Jen, you're incredible and I'm so grateful to have known you all this time! I'm so grateful for Jaclyn because she's how I met you! WOW I just love yoU!