Monday, January 14, 2013

{ before Sydney } ::


before our little love came and joined us...my due date was December 28th but let's be honest there is never guarantee baby is really going to come on the actual date. i was super worried she was going to come on Christmas. which would have been fine, but i was just going to feel so bad leaving brody with friends of ours on Christmas! so i was praying that she would stay nice and comfy inside of me! who knew she really was super comfy! well, we got lucky and had an amazing Christmas and baby sister stayed inside, woohoo! 
i asked my mom to fly in on the Wednesday December 26th, i almost felt like i was trying to hold her in till my mom got here. we were so happy to have her here and it was such a relief knowing that brody would have her with him when the time came to go to the hospital. i am so grateful to her and all she did for us and me! 
i went to the doctors the next day, Thursday December 27th for one last check up. my doctor had scheduled an induction for me that evening "if" i was dilated. well i went to my check up and i was still not dilated at all. so my doctor and i called off the induction. i was kinda disappointed but was certain she would be here by Saturday if not Sunday by the latest. but just in case another doctors appointment was scheduled for Wednesday January 2nd. 
well the next day the Friday December 28th was the official due date and i made it to the 40 weeks. still feeling great and all, but really ready to have a baby! so we started to take action into our own hands. i ate so much spicy food it was ridiculous, i ate whole raw jalapeno peppers, my mom and tyson did pressure points on me, mom and i walked the mall for hours and took walks around our neighborhood. sometimes i would have super strong contractions but they would never last. by late Sunday night December 30th, i decided i was ready to try Castor oil. so mom and i ran over to Walmart and picked up the very last bottle of Castor oil they had. i thought it was a sign! the last bottle saved just for me! so we came home and i swallowed 3 tbs. of Castor oil. it wasn't terrible. i plugged my nose and just downed it. the after taste, tasted like chap stick. not as bad as I've heard it to be. so the only thing left to do was wait. i had some cramps and some contractions throughout Sunday night which made me hopeful, and by the Monday morning December 31st still nothing! 
so by this point i couldn't take it any longer. i called my doctor and asked if i could come in and get checked. they fit me in and an hour later i was in the doctors office with my mom. they hooked me up to the stress test machine and baby girl was looking great and comfy, and i was having a bunch of contractions but not really feeling anything. my doctor came in and checked me and i was certain i had to be dilated to something and once again, nothing! seriously? so we set up an induction for Wednesday evening, January 2nd. the nurses hoped that I'd be back to the hospital that night to have the 1st new years baby, ha! yeah that didn't' happen. 
so we went along our way and just enjoyed the time we had together, before our lives changes for the better! we celebrated the new year by watching the ball drop and then going to sleep. super exciting, huh? and New Years day we decided to go bowling, eat out and get frozen yogurt. good times were had, but we were all super ready to have a baby! my mom had already been with us for almost a week, and it had been so wonderful to have her all to ourselves, brody got lots of grandma time, and lucky for me we got in some fun girl time before our most precious baby girl was to join us(ah,I tear up just thinking about how happy I am that sydney is ours). but i knew my mom was also ready to hold a baby too! time was ticking and she only had one more week with us. well Wednesday morning came and still no baby, so we knew we'd be going in for the induction. yay! it was actually a really great day! we spent the morning getting things organized and packed, tyson was told to leave work and come home and spend time with us, we all took brody to the children's museum, and then finally around 3:30 pm tyson gave me a wonderful blessing and then we all headed to hospital for my induction. tyson dropped my mom and i off and i said goodbye to tyson and brody. they went on man date for a while before coming back to the hospital to see us later that evening. my mom and i got checked into labor and delivery. i can't express enough how grateful i was to have my mom with us. it was so nice knowing she could be with me and with both brody and tyson. it really helped me enjoy the whole experience. now the only thing left was to wait for baby sydney!

before1(my mom painted my toes, and brody wanted his painted too...no worries we took the paint off. ha!) before4 before5 before2 before6 before3

2 comments:

Patti said...

It's so tricky to schedule family to come in for births! I have been induced with both of my kids slightly because of this, but I was already dilated with them both so it wasn't like I was forcing something to happen that wasn't ready. Made travel plans a little easier though. :)

Sydney is just beautiful. There's something about our second baby that makes them so lovable...obviously you love and adore your first but with your second, it's like "I had no idea this could happen again, so much love for a little person". And then seeing your kids together...oh my heart could just burst. We are blessed mama's indeed.

Stizz said...

Man, those days after your due date must have felt like forever! Good thing you had your mom there and things to do. :) How did you like being induced? I've heard good and bad. My plan is to let things happen without being induced unless I have to, so we'll see if I go over. Today marks 38 weeks for me...yikes! I'm so glad you have your cute little girl here, I'm sure it was worth the wait! :)