Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{ welcome to the world : Sydney Adele Crowther } ::


baby19

January 3rd 2013 
at 8:33 am 
our world changed forever

   baby16

8 pounds 14 ounces 21 inches of perfection 

Sydney Adele is the most beautiful girl we've ever seen!

baby10baby11 

It was love at first sight. My bond with this girl was undeniable from the beginning. All 40 weeks and 6 days, and all the sickness (all first 24 weeks) I felt while pregnant was completely and totally worth it, I know that I was not complete without her. Sydney was meant for our family, and we are so happy that she made it here safe and sound.

baby18baby17

Wednesday january 2nd at 4pm i got checked in to labor and delivery for my induction. we got all checked in and settled in our room. of course i got the kindest, nicest nurses ever! bless there hearts, i loved them. i loved having my mom with me. i laid in my bed and she and i just got to talk and talk, while my nurse did paperwork etc. finally around 6:00 pm the doctor came in and started the induction. that was easy! he said it could take up to 4 hours for anything to start up, so they would just keep an eye out on me.

 my first nurse shift ended and then i had seriously the next best nurse ever from then on. after i had the induction started, tyson brought brody to see me. one last time before we were about to have an amazing change to our family. we all know that i love brody with ever fiber of my body! so saying goodnight was hard for me. my first little love he will always be. but i was so full of love and excitement for him to meet his baby sister he had so eagerly and patiently been waiting for. he and i were both ready for this! that in itself was such a great feeling. 

after hanging out for a while, tyson took brody home and got him ready for bed, my friend sarah came to the house while tyson came and picked up my mom and she went home for the night. tyson came back to the hospital and hung out with me. everything was still looking great and baby sister was looking "amazing and comfy" as the nurses liked to say. they wanted me to get some sleep, so they gave me some medicine to help with putting me to sleep. i had tyson leave around 11 pm to go home and get some sleep. we live really close to the hospital, so i figured he'd at least get some good sleep. i totally fell right to sleep after he left.

i woke up at 3:30 with a really bad contraction. i was able to fall back sleep with the first few, but they were getting pretty strong. i got up and used the bathroom and walked my room for just a minute before laying back down. i decided if the next few contractions were just as bad i would call for my nurse. well she must have known something, because minutes later she came in to check on me. it was around 3:50 am, and she gave me some medicine in my i.v. to help with the pain. my nurse had told me that we didn't want to get the epidural too soon if we could help it because we really had no idea when baby sister would arrive. but after the medicine i was given only lasted like 15 minutes, my nurses called in for the epidural. yay! because it was seriously so painful. i never felt pain like that with brody. so i was totally ready. my nurse asked if me if i wanted her to call tyson to come for when i got the epidural, i told her don't call him as long as she promised to let me hold her hand, and she replied "sweet heart i will snug on you". that's love. and snug on me she did. i got my epidural around 4:30 am, they had me lay on my side for my epidural, the anesthesiologist was super nice and so good! my nurse totally held onto me, they let me cry and my nurse and anesthesiologist talked together while it all happened. it actually was perfect. i had a few more hard contractions and then the epidural kicked in and everything was blissful! 

my nurse checked me and i was dilated to a 4. so at 5:00 am my nurse gave me a small dose of pitocin. she told me to just relax and if for some reason my water were to break to let her know and she would come back and check on me. i fell back to sleep but then at around 6:30 am i was pretty certain my water had broken, my nurse came in and sure enough it had. by 7:15 am she told me to call Tyson and tell him to come to the hospital, because we were going to have a baby within the hour. by 7:30 am Tyson was with me. we were so excited! my nurse kept checking me and baby sister was totally ready. she kept asking me if i felt like i needed to push and i said no. but by around 8:20 am i was feeling ready. we were just waiting for my doctor to come. i love my doctor so i was so happy he was the one doing the delivery. we were all ready and just waiting for a contraction and he told me to push and to just keep pushing, so i just had to stop and catch my breath and with 3 pushes our little Sydney Adele joined us! it was so nice and easy! it was one of the most special experiences. even though it all happened so fast, it was so clam and really relaxing. tyson followed the nurses to watch Sydney get all cleaned and weighed. then tyson brought her to me. 

I am obsessed with this little girl. I knew i needed her, but just never knew how much I needed her until I got her and now I couldn't live without her.

baby13baby15 baby14 baby12 

 we ened up staying in labor and delivery for hours, due to me having a lovely blood hemorrhage. i ended up being fine, but it was pretty crazy. they hooked me up with lots of shots, and drugs and i was good to go. once the bleeding was under control and the nurses and my doctor were keeping an eye out for me, my mom and brody came to see us and baby Sydney. brody melted my heart, he sat down to hold her and the first thing he said was "let's take her home". he adores her like no other. i love him so much and i knew this whole experience was going to be just as great for him. i kinda didn't know it was possible for me to love him even more, but seeing him with his baby sister makes my heart swell a million times more for him! and it was pretty special for my mom to meet her first granddaughter too.

baby5baby6 baby4 baby7

we all snugged up on our new bundle of love until about 3 pm when we headed over to post partum for the rest of our stay. my hospital stay with Sydney was really good. besides the night before leaving, they kept coming to check on us and take her for different checkups, but i did enjoy most of the quietness and having nothing to do but hold and spend time with my little beauty. all day friday my mom stayed with me and we loved up on are little nugget of yummy goodness. i enjoyed just having that time with my mom and my Sydney! it was also fun to have brody and tyson come join us during different parts of the day as well. and saturday morning we all got to come home.

3124 baby3 baby8 baby2

Having babies has made me a firm believer in Heaven. Where else can these perfect little angels be from?! 

 There is nothing like having your child placed in your arms for the very first time. The rush of unconditional love, amazement and happiness is so overwhelming and so powerful, I can't think of a better feeling in this life. And the fact that I get to experience all of this with my best friend, favorite person, Tyson, makes it all just that much sweeter.

baby9

Coming home was so nice. i was so happy to be home and have all of us together. brody greeted his sister with kisses and toys. it's been so wonderful having this sweet little angel in our home. we love her so much. and couldn't feel more blessed and lucky to have this sweet experience!

7 comments:

alysonrobinett said...

"Let's take her home"?! That is the cutest thing ever, seriously!! So happy everything went well and you are both healthy and happy. I just want to snuggle her!!

Stizz said...

Ok, so I didn't see this post before commenting on your last post and this answered my questions. :) I'm glad things went as well as they did. I enjoy hearing about how much you love your family. God did really bless His children by allowing them to have families. I'm so happy for you guys.

E said...

This post makes me so happy. I can't wait to meet your sweet Sydney.

Allyson said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful, and I love her name!

I think she looks a lot like Brody. SO sweet. LOVE those baby girls!!

xoxo

Unknown said...

I just love your little family. And of course you make the absolute cutest kids!!! Congrats again girl:) So happy for you guys.

Taryn said...

She is just so perfect! I am so happy for you!!! And sounds like she has the greatest big brother ever!

Jennifer said...

Love reading all about your special day. She's so precious!