Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Adventure's

On Friday night we went and saw DARK NIGHT - which we thought was great! It was actually so good that I could have just hit the rewind button and re watched it. Mad props go out the Heath Ledger who did an amazing/creepy outrageous job as the Joker. I couldn't help but keep thinking poor Heath, he will probably be best remembered in my book for 10 things I hate about you. We give DARK NIGHT two thumbs up, 5 stars and pretty sure we will be seeing it again before it comes out on DVD.

On Saturday evening...we went with my Brother and Sister-in law and there friends Josh and Jena to a Portland Beaver's Baseball game! We had a lot of fun and it was a really good game full of quite a bit of entertainment. The Beaver's played against the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. We had great seats, ate yummy food, we won the game and even enjoyed a firework show at the end of the game.

And last Saturday...

So, the month of July has been full of sunshine and heat, and we've tried to enjoy every minute of it. If it's sunny then we head outside. Last Saturday we went and parked up at the Portland Rose's Garden's and walked through the garden's down through Washington park and made our way down to one of our favorite places in Portland, NW 23rd. We walked down to our favorite food vendor that sells chicken and rice for $5 and it's super yummy. We ate a good lunch and then went to this place I read about in a Portland magazine called 'Skinnidip', it's a frozen yogurt place that's trying to be a knock off of 'Pink Berry'. We've had Pink Berry which is delish - but I dunno we really like this 'Skinnidip' place. Plus it's fun to say we went 'Skinnidip'in...bahahha! After lunch and a yummy dessert, we headed back up the way we came down. Washington Park is so beautiful it's just a big forest with little parts of open park and then paths that lead up to the Portland Rose Garden's. It was fun to enjoy the outdoors and enjoy the beautiful rose garden's too.Our Weekend Adventure's have been awesome! We've loved that the weather this month has been so wonderful, hopefully it stays that way - because while the nice weather last, we will definitely make sure to make the most of it!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh I love all your pictures!!
Umm I just had the best cookie ever and who did I get the recipe from....

Yep I still got it and I made cookies tonight and by far they are the best cookies ever! you need to post the recipe for all to read because if people are like me they need this staple.

so Thanks for a good cookie tonight my friend!