Saturday, February 28, 2009

We Caved...

And saw this last night...


Yup we finally saw Twilight - we hit up the cheap movie theater last night - and when I say Cheap theater $2.00 a person. Can't be that.  We ate a huge yummy bag of over priced popcorn and candy and watched the movie while we reminisced about reading the books-trying to actually remember what happened. It's been a while since we've read the books. Yes you read that correctly....WE. Don't act surprised Tyson read each book in like 3 hours - yeah he's pretty much AMAZING. To be honest, Tyson read all 4 books, I read the first 3. And even though we own all 4 books - I just couldn't get myself to read book 4. And I am SO GLAD I didn't. Yup you read that right too. The Ending of the series SERIOUSLY? I thought it was stupid. Tyson just told me how it all went. I Love him. Only part of it ended how I was hoping it would, but that's just me - I know so many Twilight lovers that thought the ending was just perfect. To each there own. But besides that, we had a fabulous time and we thought the movie was pretty great. We even really liked all the characters. I still wish Edward was a little cuter and I didn't think of Jacob as such a 'pretty boy'. haha. But I'm over it. We gave it two thumbs up. Obviously books are always better than a movie. But the next movie New Moon should be pretty darn good. It almost makes me want to re-read the books and maybe even read book 4 Breaking Dawn. 
I said Almost. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc read them too! I came home from work one day and he was on the bed reading, he read the first 3 in about a month, we had to fight over the last one, but I made him stop so I could finish first! They are pretty good, but I am a little biased, I am friends of the author, no worries, I will not pass on anything you said!

Brit said...

Jen! I cannot believe you didn't read the fourth book! That was like my favorite one (besides the first book of course). Major props to my cous Tyson for reading the series too! Shay was rather anti-twilight since as soon as I got the next book I was non-existent till I finished it. Have you read her other book "The host?"

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Jen, you have to read the 4th book you crazy girl! Who doesn't want to read about a wedding and a baby! haha

You look great! I love the prego belly. I hope we can see you guys soon!

Cami said...

I watched the movie three times and David enjoyed it the one time he went. I have read them four times now. As the new books have come out I have to start over again. I must say I get a new perspective each and every time. Sometimes I love love love Jacob and then other times I love Edward. I think it was a series.