Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's BANANAS...

{banana cupcakes}

If you have extra bananas sitting around, I advise that you use them to make these banana cupcakes! It's super easy and they are super yummy!  I didn't put nuts on mine. But nonetheless that were tasty! I some how have lots of bananas in my freezer waiting to be used up. So if any of my OHIO friends wants some - leave me a comment and I will so deliver some to your door! 


Banana Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)

2 large eggs

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

1 sticks butter, slightly softened

8oz cream cheese

3cups powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

2. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In the well, mix together the butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture, being sure not to over mix. Spoon batter into muffin cups.

3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

4. T H E I C I N G; In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until everything is combined. Add the vanilla and the cinnamon. Ice the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!

Makes 12 cupcakes

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I be an "Ohio" friend? I want them delivered to my door!!! They look and sound absolutely wonderful.

heather said...

Wow - I will be the first Ohio friend to say that those look delicious! Although I would only consider them an afterthought to actually seeing you and your cute little family at my doorstep! :) You're so fun - but don't feel bad if you don't get a chance to make it all the way across town to my door! I know what life with a newborn is like! :)

Ellen said...

Those look DELICIOUS! This post comes approximately 6 hours too late as I used my bananas to make banana bread this afternoon. Next time though... Who wants bread when you can have cupcakes!! ;)

Jamie Lynn said...

BRING EM ON OVER!

Jayme said...

Um yeah, I'm going to have to try those out! Yummy!!!