Sunday, May 8, 2011

moms day.


me and b
(brody and i playing with the ipad camera . mother's day 2011)

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


this quote is among my favorites.
it reminds me every time how much work motherhood really is and how it can truly mold you in all areas of your life, if you let it. there is a constant desire for mothers everywhere to do it all and look good doing it. i strive every day to just do my best and i know i have a long way to go. with my own mother as my role model, i take baby steps to where i hope to be. remembering the little things, and what's truly important will get me there. (with a lot of prayer).


i feel so lucky to be this little guys mom.


happy mother's day. xoxo.

2 comments:

Stephanie Johnston said...

jenn. i love you! this is good perspective. I agree with you whole-heartedly :) And for the record you are doing great so far!

Ashlee said...

So cute. That's one of my favorite quotes, too. And let me assure you that my hair is rarely coiffed, my car is always dirty and you can usually find a snot trail on my sleeve from someone. So I'm probably safe on proving I was a mother up to my knees in motherhood! :) But it's sooo great. Crazy, yes. But fun! Hope your mothers day was as amazing as you are!