Monday, May 16, 2011

Pictures on the Run...


dare i say that the past couple of weeks have been nice outside? yeah, up until yesterday afternoon when the temperatures dropped and it's been rainy and cold. but up until then spring was here almost summer like! it was lovey. and every morning brody and i have been getting up and going for a run. pure bliss i tell you! he loves it. i love it. doesn't get any better than that.

so last Thursday was a particularly nice morning, so i thought i would take my camera along and take some pictures on the run. i LOVE running in my neighborhood and in Columbus for that matter. we've lived in a lot of places and Columbus is by far my favorite place to run. so a few of the pictures i took while in the midst of running and the rest i actually took after we ran and we did a cool down walk. nonetheless it was fun to capture pictures of all the fun things we see...

so without further ado'...

pictures on the run!


run 1
(getting ready to go)

run 2
(dandelions are a must! this kid is obsessed with them)

run 3
(hello shadows)

run 4
(my neighborhood has lots of little churches all around. i love the red doors and the ship above the doors... the ship above the doors makes me think of Invictus -"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.")

run 5
(afri:cola) click on the link to learn more.

run 6
(many of the streets where we live are orignal cobble stone. i love the cobble stone roads they just seem so historic)

run 7
(hello kitty. pretty sure brody was in heaven. he LOVES cats. this cat was nice enough to jump up and say hello. brody loved every second!)

run 8
(love me some flip flops! it was HOT on thursday. like 90 degress 100% humidity)

run 9
(big huge bushes line a whole street with these pretty flowers)

run 10
(this is the epitome of living right next to campus. pizza places EVERYWHERE. once we counted that we had over 20 pizza places within .25 mile of our house. it just so happens that this x-large pizza for 6.25 is actually really good and during the week it's only $5.75, yes we'd know! :) )

run 11
(red)

run 12
(bikes)

welp, there you have it. we went on a 3.5 mile run and a half mile cool down walk and we had views of all sorts of cool things.

the end.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Ah, so refreshing... that's my kind of run!

Seriously- some of that is so cool! I love the cobblestones. Awesome! And some of the signs are just fun. Glad you documented that. And that you ran it for me. :)