yup! i've hit an awesome milestone! today i turn 30! i love it! to me age is just a number, if you were to ask me how 'old' i feel, i'd tell you 18! i dont have the, wow i am old thoughts. i actually think it's pretty freak'in awesome! i have to admit that the past 30 years of my life have been outstanding and unforgettable! i love being able to look back on my life thus far and think/see all the things i've done and accomplished! i'm lucky to have an awesome family immediate and in laws.
i was lucky to grow up with AMAZINGLY AWESOME parents who let me go after every dream i had, and supported everything i've done. let's put it this way, i pretty much hit the jack pot with having the parents i do. they even did a really good job with me in high school when my dad would yell, yeah i mean like really YELL at me for coming home past my curfew weekend after weekend, i'm just a total socializer! so thanks mommers and dadders! what can i say i am honored, i love them, and i love them for loving me!
i've been lucky to always have amazing friends. no really, amazing! perhaps i am able to surround myself with really good people, but i consider myself so lucky to have such great friends. near and far, the friends i've had as a kid are still my friends now, friends from college and even friends i've made here in columbus, i know they will always be my friends and i think that's pretty great! so thanks friends for being my friends, i am privileged!
i'm lucky i have tyson, my partner in crime! my 1st pride and joy! we go quite well together if i do say so myself and i love him. and then of course there's my 2nd most pride and joy my brody bear - my little nugget of love!
i've done a TON in 30 years the list of things is miles and miles long. but one things for sure i've learned a lot, played a ton and accomplished many goals that i've set for myself.
so even though there is SO much i've loved and the list is really long...
here's just a few....say....30 things I've LOVED/are Memorable to me in the past 30 YEARS...
1. i've loved ice cream from an early age and continue to love it. i could eat it everyday, and sometimes i do!
2. i've always loved coloring and art is a passion and i'm happy that when i went to college i knew that's what i wanted to major in and i graduated with a degree in graphic design with an emphasis in studio art.
3. i've always been into sports i played volleyball starting in 6th grade and played through the 11th grade and also played club volleyball in the off season and then during the 11th grade the water polo team recruited me to play as there goalie for my senior year. i love that my parents totally supported me in that choice. i did it and we were state champs!
4. i loved riding my bike as a kid and taught all the neighborhood kids how to ride there bikes too!
5.when i was little, i used to sit on the side walk and watch the construction workers drive pass that were building new houses in our neighborhood and wave to them.
6. my brother and i did not get along very well growing up. we would beat up on each other up and tattle tale all the time. i'd claw my finger nails into his arms and he would kick me. pretty awesome! my poor mom had to yell at us all the time. but by the time he got married we became friends and i'd say he's one of my bestest friends now!
7. i loved traveling to NYC for the first time. i traveled with the graphic design program to NYC for a week, we went site seeing, shopping, we went to a few broadway shows, ate lots of really good food, saw the statue of liberty, saw ground zero, went to the top of the empire state building, and walked the brooklyn bridge (i remember calling my mom while on the bridge to tell her hi), but more importantly we visited some of the most amazing graphic design firms, i learned what companies looked for in a designer, what type of portfolio i needed and how to use my talent as best as possible. it was a really great experience.
8. in 8th grade i spent the night at a friends house and woke up in the middle of the night because i didn't feel good, so i called my dad and he came and picked me up. as i was walking down the front steps out to the car, while carrying my pillow, sleeping bag and night bag, i missed a step and fell and twisted my foot. come to find i ripped the tendons and ligaments off my growth plate and ankle bone. needless to say i had a cast for quite sometime. but when i think back to this time, i dont think about my broken foot, i always think about that night i called my dad and even though it was like 3:00am he didnt think twice about coming to get me. he was right there! i love him for that. i love that he wasnt like 'you'll be fine' or 'tough it out' , he said 'i'll be right there'.
9. when i was like, i'm not even sure....7 or 8 maybe even younger, but old enough to remember this, i was in the bath tub and my mom was coming to get me out. we had glass sliding doors on the tub and my mom was sliding the door open and it came off the track and came crashing down on me. she hurried and pulled me out and had to pick out all the little shards of glass that were in my skin. i remember she felt so bad. it wasnt her fault, the door just came off the track. it was just one of those things that just happens so fast. but i do remember she bought me a pack of gum and all was better. i LOVED gum as a kid.
10. when i was probably like 10, i got into my parents car that was park on the street, with my neighborhood friend. while in the car, i was pretending to drive and i pulled the stick that puts the car into drive or maybe neutral and the car started roll down the street until we hit the sidewalk and stopped. my friend and i bailed and i ran into my house and hid in my closet until my mom found me. pretty sure they were mad at me, but i don't remember, i just remember being so scared that the car started moving!
11. in 2nd grade i was riding my bike home with a friend and i was "pretending" to fall off my bike, (why? i have no idea) but i really did fall and into a bunch of gravel on the road. my mom had to use her tweezers to pull out the little rocks in my knee. i got a terrible scab on my knee from falling and it itched so bad. but to make matters worse, i got the chicken poxs and chicken pox were ON TOP of my scab! sick! and boy howdy it itched sooo bad. i finally gave in and itched it soo much that i have a scar on my knee from itching my scab and chicken poxs!
12. my parents are pretty awesome. when home for the summers in the college i'd hangout with them all the time. one of my most favorite times was when we went to my very first concert and we saw Tim McGraw. it was SO FUN.
13. it's a given that i like to party. well more like throw parties. i know i get that from my mom. when i was growing up my parents would always throw halloween parties for us (my brother and i) and our friends. and way fun birthday parties. and slumber parties. and when i was little i loved Bears. (shocking, i know) and we would have teddy bear picnic tea parties. my mom is so cleaver and amazing!
14. when i was like 14, my dad, brother and i went fishing. we went fishing all the time growing up. but this particular time goes down in the books!! we had walked through some pretty swampy forest to get to this great fishing spot. but there were mosquitos everywhere. my brother stayed to fish, while my dad and i headed back to the car to get bug spray i think. well as were walking back through the swamping forest we see the BIGGEST SNAKE EVER. HUGE. like at least 6 ft. long. and i JUMPED on my dad to hold me. he had to cover my mouth from screaming. ewww, still grosses me out! i stayed in the car after that!!
15. in high school while everyone else was taking AP Biology and AP Calculus i was taking AP ART! :)
16. my sophmore year of high school i had to wear a retainer with my braces. but when i ate lunch at school i would take it out and cover it with a napkin. well one day, i got to lunch early, ate my lunch threw my lunch away. i remember going to the student store and buying 'laffy taffy' and walking to class with my friends eating my 'laffy taffy' and thinking wow this is really easy to eat! when it dawned on me...I THREW AWAY MY RETAINER!!! Oh my gosh i about died. all i kept thinking was that my parents were going to kill me! i went to the main office and told the lady at the front desk what i did. she got a janitor and he rolled the garbage can. i threw my lunch away in, outside to the back of the building where he let me dig threw it all. not to forget to mention that i was like one of the first to throw my lunch away and the garbage can was full. is was seriously so disgusting going through that garbage can, but...I FOUND IT! :)
17. my freshman year of college of i was super home sick and i called my dad crying and he flew me home for the weekend! and we surprised my mom! it was one of the best weekends EVER!!!
18. i LOVE eating chicken and rice in downtown portland down on 23rd! we've eaten chicken and rice on 23rd for YEARS!
19. growing up we always had a special place (short sands) out at the beach that we'd always go to! i love the oregon coast!!
20. i loved that i've been able to travel so much! one of my most favorite trips as a kid was the summer going into 7th grade. my parents took us to San Fransisco, Disneyland, Hawaii and then back to Disneyland. it was amazing!!!
21. i loved high school! i would go back and do it all over again! i had so much fun and awesome friends!
22. i loved everything about my 20's!! i'm quite certain that i've always known who i am. it's just been up to me to fulfill my potential! college, marriage, growing up and doing such awesome things has been a dream!
23. all growing up my mom would come in and wake me up, rub my back and kindly tell me to get up...and on days i wouldnt get up... she would come in and sing 'there is sunshine in my soul today', and i hated that! and she knew that! but she's the best! she'd always make me breakfast and pack my lunch or give me a lunch ticket in elementary school and in high school pack my lunch or give me lunch money. yes i was spoiled, and i loved it!!!
24. right before i met tyson, my mom was telling me i needed more girlfriends instead of guy friends. ha. and then i got married! :) best thing ever!!!
25. moving to columbus ohio was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. but it's become one of my most favorite places! not enough to live here forever. but i'd come back and visit. :)
26. i LOVE that i am a mom. i am in LOVE that i am Brody's mom. it's the most rewarding thing in the entire universe! i love that i get to be with him day in and day out. i know that some mom's want to work or do there own things for "them". but for me, being with brody is what i am doing for ME! I love that kid to the moon and back again!!
27. growing up my family loved going to disneyland. i love that my family loves disneyland. and that i love disneyland. and that when tyson married me and he went to disneyland for the first time he fell in love with disneyland. we will always be a disney family!
28. my grandma made me a green baby blanket when i was born, and i STILL sleep with it every night! i love that blanket more than anyone will every know. it is seriously a piece of me. it's been EVERYWHERE with me, sleep overs, volleyball camp, girls camp, family vactions, college, my honeymoon, the hosptial when i had brody, you name it, i have to have it to sleep!
29. i've learned to like being alone with myself. not that i haven't liked being alone. but all through high school, college and what not before being married. i always had to be with friends or roommates. i didnt like to be alone. but when i got married and moved durning the summers and tyson's did summer sales. he was gone ALL DAY LONG. and i was all alone. and at first it was hard. but i dunno along the road i realized i'm pretty freaking awesome. ha! and i like being alone. i like being able to do what i want and learn new things! i liked being able to depend on myself. i liked that i could entertain myself by doing art, or running, watching tv, cooking and baking etc. it my sound corny but it's really helped shaped me.
30. i'm grateful i've made it 30! i love that i am healthy! i love that i am strong! i love that i am a daughter, a wife, a mother and a friend. i love that my life thus far has been really really good and i am grateful for that, my heart swells with graditute. i definitely count my blessings one by one!!! happy 30th to me!
THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR HAVING ME!!!!!
let's travel down memory lane...
and even more pictures of me growing up...check out my wedding video...
Here's to 30!!!