Tuesday, January 18, 2011

catch me if you can...


i've been asked by quite a few people about my running...
so here's my 4-1-1 for you...

run 2

when running these are my musts! i love my ipod, my nike running shoes, and my nike plus watch.

you've got to have nike+ shoes for the watch to work. there's also a nike+ipod device which i also have, but i dont use it any more, because i think my watch is amazing! plus on days i choose not to run with my ipod, i can still track my distance.

my watch is calibrated to a mile. so it knows my exact distance when running. it keeps track of my distance, pace, calories, time. LOVE IT!

something else that's a must...well for me... is taking this...

run

i started taking 'Move Free' when i trained for my half marathon. my joints never hurt before taking it, i just thought it would be a good idea. it might sound silly, but i am getting a little older and i want my joints to be nice and strong for years to come. so i decided to just start taking it to keep my bones and joints strong. and let me tell you...i could totally tell an AMAZING difference. my whole body just felt so strong. however, i stopped taking the 'Move Free' after i did my race and after taking a break from running and then starting back up again, boy howdy i could totally tell a difference from not taking the 'Move Free'. so i started taking it again. especially with running about 20+ miles a week, i can feel how it just helps my bones feel strong.

and speaking of training for my half marathon, i've been asked for the training schedule i followed so click
HERE...

i pretty much followed it to the T! i changed some of the workout days around, but always followed what it suggested to do. i really liked this schedule a lot. i will totally follow it again. i never got sick, or injured. i felt like it totally prepared me for my race!

and to top off all the goodness of running...i feel a good run isnt complete without some super awesome fabulous good tunes so here's a top 10 of some of my favorite songs...

GET YOUR RUN ON TOP 10

10. Right Round (Flo Rider R.O.O.T.S)
9. I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
8. 4 Minutes (Justin Timberlake and Madonna)
7. Girlfriend (Avril Lavigne)
6. Mambo No.5 (Lou Bega)
5. Don't Stop Believe'in (GLEE Cast)
4. Numb (Linkin Park)
3. Single Ladies (Beyonce)
2. Lifesyles of the Rich & Famous (Good Charlotte)
1. Enter Sandman (Metallica)

alright friends, there you have it! what'cha waiting for...happy running!
go, go, get'um, get'um!

1 comment:

Cami said...

I totally love your playlist! How could I have forgotten about Mambo #5! Totally adding it to mine! I too am in love with my Nike+. Happy Running!