Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Answers to my Top 5 Questions I get asked a LOT...

I meant to add this to my 35 Week post but forgot...so here we go...

Answers to my Top 5 Prego Questions...
 I get asked a LOT...

*How do you really feel? I really feel great...tired...but great. But then again I've been tried my entire pregnancy.  I love sleep and I could sleep day and night. I take naps and I sleep great at night - I do have a lot of friends who are prego or who have been prego and said they never slept very good after like 32 weeks. Well, I sleep like a baby. No pun intended. ha. Baby Bear does kick while I am sleeping, but if I just rub my belly for a bit he settles down and we both sleep. It's great! I do get heartburn pretty much daily, especially lately, but TUMS are my friend and do the trick. 3 hours of church is getting a little tough - my bum and lower back get really uncomfortable, but not to many more times of that, so it's all good. So yeah, I am feeling good!


*How's Baby Bear? Baby Bear is Amazing! He just keeps getting stronger, and I think that he still thinks that he can escape from my ribs. No chance buddy! He is measuring right on and is still head down - but I have a feeling he's gonna be a big bear. I can't wait to snuggle him! He's been getting the hiccups lately and I think it feels fun. He definitely has his own personality already - sometimes he will be moving around like crazy so I'll tell Tyson to come and feel him and right when Tyson puts his hand on my belly, Baby Bear just stops. We wait and wait and he won't budge. But then right after Tyson takes his hand off, oh yeah he totally starts moving again. Perhaps Tyson's hand is soothing. haha. 

*Are you scared/nervous? Nope! Not one bit! Honestly! When we say that to people, it's like they don't believe us. Why is it so hard to believe? Usually we get told well, "your never really ready". What's that suppose to mean??? Perhaps "they" weren't really ready. Don't even get me started! I'm 28, we've been married for almost 5 years and we have had the greatest time together and we've had so many amazing adventures together. We just knew now was the time for us, and we've been truly blessed. We are so excited and ready to add our little guy into our family and have even more amazing adventures together. We couldn't be more happy to be parents and we are so thrilled about this new stage in life it's so exciting for both of us! 

*Do you have a name picked? I've come up with like 10 names and Tyson has come up with like oh...zero. Oh wait, hold the phone - he came across a name which he likes to tease about and that name would be "Tichicus". We've been ready in the New Testament and we read about a guy named "Tichicus" and Tyson was like "Tichicus Reese" sounds awesome. No, no it doesn't. ha. We will name our child Bear before we name him Tichicus. No worries, neither of those names will be used. We are getting names narrowed down...we thought we might know and now we are tossing a few back and forth. So when we know...we will let You know, but for now we will all have to be surprised! 

*Do you crave anything? I don't think that I've really "craved" anything. At least there's never been anything that I just had to have. Food hasn't been the greatest ever since being prego. But lately if I had the option I would probably eat Funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting and Cherry Hostess pies. I don't, well not on a daily basis. Oh and strawberries or Mott's apple juice sound quite tasty too. So I guess call it cravings if you want - but to me it's more of what just sounds good. So nothing too crazy. I was reading in a magazine the other day about cravings women have had while being prego, and one lady said she craved Tarter Sauce and would eat it like pudding. How sick is that? Another lady just wanted to eat Betty Crocker cake mix, but just powder mix, she said she would just sit and eat spoonfuls of the powder. Um gross! *Question To all you PREGO or to those that were at one time PREGO friends out there...what did you crave???

So that's my update on questions! That was pretty good right? If you want to know more...just ask. 

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you're feeling great about everything. I found there wasn't one particular food I craved, I just craved food. Any kind of food would do. That didn't help to keep off the pounds. :)

Kris and Kally said...

Love it! I am so excited for Baby Bear to come out and join us in this great big world! You're doing great and you're almost done! hooray! Love you! Tell Tyson hi and that Brody sends smooches!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

yummmmm....rainbow chip.....
Love you!

The Lenz Family said...

I found a link to your blog on facebook, but I don't think I've ever left a comment. I do enjoy reading it though. You guys seem to have so much fun together.

I used to also get the "are you ready" or "nobody's ready" comments. I felt ready as well, and I'm still feeling good 2+ months into Chloe's life. What's funny is it never ends... if you are ready the "well wait till she walks/talks" comments come along.

Carrie said...

I love that you're having such a great time being pregnant. Both of mine were great! except the last month and a half. I had a hard time with carple tunnel and I swelled like crazy. I never craved anything weird either...Juice was a big one with me. One time I thought a steak with melted chedder cheese sounded good, but that was for like, a day, and then when I really thought about it, it didn't seem too weird. Anywho...Enjoy the rest of it! :) Can't wait to hear what his name is going to be. Love you!

Lynsey said...

i just came across your blog and wanted to say congrats! i too am expecting a boy- and live in Ohio as well; I have even eaten at that deer dutchman place in Amish country last fall. I wish you luck with everything and hope we can be blogging pals! lol.

Lindsay said...

I havent had "cravings" either and I have found that food isnt awesome for me right now. BUT..the foods that always taste good are like McDonalds, milkshakes, all the not so good for me foods. I cant beleive how close you are! Holy Cow. Im jealous that you are not nervous at all!! Good for you!

Naomi said...

Glad you are doing great! Now we are really into the countdown now! I can't believe baby bear will make his entrance practically any day now!
Um...I craved/ate a LOT of cheddar cheese....and double chocolatey chip frappacinos from Starbucks but I never felt like I had any "crazy" cravings.
love you!

Sue said...

I am glad things are going well...You seriously look so dang cute! I am so excited for you and your baby (Tyson too!)...good luck!