Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A visit from Flat Stanley

Have you heard about Flat Stanley? We hadn't until he came to visit us. My friend Joy is an elementary school teacher and her class read this book about a boy named Stanley, he got smashed by a bulletin board so he became Flat Stanley and his family put him in an envelope and mailed him off to California.  Um, I think that's how it goes, it's something like that.  

Well all of Joy's students got to color a Flat Stanley and mail him off to somewhere in the U.S. and adventure a new place. So we got lucky and got a Flat Stanley sent to us. Our assignment was the take Flat Stanley around Columbus and take pictures of his adventures of being in a new place, seeing and learning new things and then we had to write a little letter talking about the pictures taken and what Stanley did while on his trip to Columbus, Ohio and then mail him back to where he was sent from. 

So I figured I'd share a few of the pictures we took of Flat Stanley while he was here in Columbus.














3 comments:

Haley said...

Go Buckeyes! I don't think I know what you guys are in Ohio for????

Haley

Jesse said...

Fun! Flat Stanley visited my classroom last year, all the way from Utah.

Joy said...

Jen you are amazing! Thank you so much for helping with the project. I knew you would show him a good time. You are the best and I love you!