Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happenings...

Last week was spring break for Tyson. We took it pretty easy and kept our week of fun low key. But nonetheless, good times were had. We kicked off the break by starting to set up the baby's room. Tyson has been dying to put the crib together - so that's just what he did. I will post pictures of Baby Bear's room once everything is all done. 

Tyson starting to put the crib together...yea

Last Tuesday we headed out to the Amish country. *Fact: Ohio is home to the nation's largest Amish community. Who would have thought?  Well, our adventure was fabulous! We had the best time. I just googled online Amish country in Ohio and a place called 'Walnut Creek' was the first place to pop up - plus when I read there was a Chocolate Company, that pretty much did it for me. 

Here we are in front of the super yummy Coblentz Chocolate Company. All the candy is hand made by the Amish and Mennonite women. Right when you walk into the store you are hit with the most yummy smell of Chocolate. Oh it was heavenly. 

Not only can you buy and eat the most delicious chocolates, fudge, candy and caramels, but they also have a viewing area where you can watch the candy being made.

viewing the chocolate being made. Mmmmmm!
When in Amish country - of course you must eat with the Amish. So that's just what we did. 
We ate here...at the Der Dutchman. It was REALLY good. And of course if you know us, not only do we love food, but we love dessert - so we couldn't pass up homemade...

PIE! 
After the chocolate company, lunch and looking through shops , we hit up an Amish market which was really fun. 
And one of the best parts of Amish country is of course seeing the
Horse and Buggies everywhere.  Love it!


Last Saturday we headed down to Kentucky to see our fabulous friends the Barnett's! My friend Kally just had her first adorable baby boy Brody back in February - so we knew we needed to get down there and snuggle the little monkey. Tyson is a baby Pro - he always has been! He has the magic baby touch - pretty sure Brody slept in his arms for over 2 hours while Kally and I sat and chatted. Brody is so dang cute. We loved his chubby cheeks!!
We had the best time hanging out, talking and eating. We also got to meet Kally's hubby Kris for the first time. We thought he was Great! Good job Kally! We had such a great time!

And to end our wonderful spring break we also added a new member to our family,
we'd like you to meet ...
BLUE the Bear.  He's about 2.5 feet tall, very soft, blue nose, black eyes and lots of blue fur. We love him. haha. I'd been eyeing this bear for a while now at Toys R Us, and we finally gave in and bought him. He will be in Baby Bear's room. I plan on taking a picture of Baby Bear and BLUE every month - so you can see how big Baby Bear is growing. 
Spring Break was great - but it could only last so long. It was for sure a nice break for Tyson but he was excited to start his spring quarter.

Which takes us to....

This week we said Goodbye to Winter Quarter and Hello to the Spring Quarter of school.

This was Tyson at the beginning of January on his first day of Winter Quarter. I forgot to post about it - so I figured I'd just add it now. What do you think of the orange calcuator? I saw it at a store one day and thought it was funny. Perhaps he can use it as back up - you can never be too prepared,right? ha.  There were a few highlights for the Winter Quarter... like Winter Quarter flew by so fast...Tyson got all A's again. Yes, he is AMAZING! He taught one class for the quarter and at the end of the quarter his class had to evaluate him - he got really good reviews along with- one person commenting that, "He is really cute" and someone else said that "He looks like he work outs". We've had some good laughs over his evaluations and at least they were all really good.  So bye-bye second quarter of school and bye-bye winter
and now...HELLO third quarter of school and HELLO Spring! YEA! 
So Monday morning was the first day of spring quarter. If Tyson looks a little tired in this picture, well it's because he is. He was nice of enough to let me take a picture of him before I took him to school. He was tired because all last week we stayed up every night till 1 am and slept in till 11 or noon. So it was a little difficult getting up for school. But, Monday turned out to be a great day and he loves his new classes for this quarter. This quarter is gonna go by so fast too...and you know what??? By the end of this quarter...we will have our Baby Bear!! YEA!! Which leads me to this...


Hello! Here I am as of yesterday (Saturday) at 32 weeks and 5 days. WHOA, huh? hahaha. 
Okay, the front shot isn't too bad. However...


From the side...hello big belly! I like my big belly. I look big, but I don't feel big, so that's a good thing right? By the end of this next week - we will be down to 6 weeks! We can't wait!! We both get so giddy with excitement! Everything is going great. We went to the doctor's on Thursday for the 32 week check-up and our Baby Bear is doing awesome - he's head down, so let's hope he can stay that way for the next 6 weeks. He is definitely getting stronger by the day. Sometimes I think he might be trying to escape from my sides, too bad it doesn't work that way. 

So I've got to share a quick funny with you all - because I got a kick out of it. So... last Friday night we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things - and we decided to do the self-check out, well of course something we were getting wouldn't scan so a worker had to come and help us out. I need to give you a quick description of the 'store worker' - she was this nice, larger black lady. So use your imagination...After this lady helped us, she looks at me and asks, "do you know what you are having?" and I said, "yup we are having a boy", her response in her thick loud black lady voice, "WHAT? There's only ONE in there? WHOA you are HUGE!!!!", hahha, I was like, "um, yeah I am?" I had a sweater on that was pretty thick so of course that made me look even larger, so I told her, "well my sweater makes me look kinda bigger" and Tyson was like, "and look at us, we are both really tall", well her remark was "uh, huh...honey you are HUGE and your baby is going to be HUGE, WHOA you are HUGE." By then we were ready to make our exit out of the store, so we were were like " have a nice night" and she said "uh-huh congratulations." We got in the car, and I was like "WHOA you're HUGE." hahahahaa. I've been laughing about that ever since. Good thing my emotions are in check or I could of been crying instead of laughing. But it really was funny, especially the shocking look on her face when I told here there was only 1 baby in my belly. hahaha. You can't say that's not funny. Good times, good times!  


So, that's what's been going on around here. The weather has been so nice here in Columbus. Spring is definitely here. Flowers are blooming and the grass is green! So we are welcoming spring with open arms! Hopefully spring has sprung or is beginning to spring up where everyone else lives! Can you believe it's already April! 

10 comments:

The Lenz Family said...

I saw the link to your blog on FB, and I had to take a look. I love all of your pictures! You look great =)

Jesse said...

You look great! What is wrong with people? I swear they lose their brains when they see a pregnant person. I'm glad you don't let it get you down! I can't wait to see your cute little guy! The count down continues!

Jennifer said...

This is a great post. It is fun to see what you're up to. Oh, and you're not HUGE...you look awesome! :)

Abby said...

Laughing so hard... I can SOOOOO imagine that. Don't worry, people told me ALL the time how HUGE I was. They always thought I was much further along and my babies were tiny. Oh, well. You look great and happy! Loved the post. Now if you are ever back in Amish country go buy me some chocolate and homemade pie. Im dying for some!

Naomi said...

Thanks for the belly shots! You look really cute and that lady is crazy but don't feel bad I had plenty of "smart" men at work ask me if i was carrying twins, I wanted to punch them in the face. Have you had many people wanting to touch your belly? That's always a fun one too.
Glad you guys are doing so well - I can't wait to be an Aunt-lol!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

You are so hilarious! And such a cute prego lady. I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left! Yeah!!! I'm jealous you got to go see the little Brody man. I still hope we can make it out to see you and Kally. Love you!

Carrie said...

Ok, that story was hilarious! And I seriously don't think you look big enough to have twins... :) I'm glad your hormones are in check too. That could have been nasty! I was never one to get all hormonal and I thank the good Lord for that. (David did too! :) )

Jamie Lynn said...

Oh my gosh you are killin me! Don't worry I got that too - its like people don't even think before they say something when you are pregnant!

I am finally back in town - we should get together!

Tyra said...

You guys are the cutest! And I don't think you are HUGE! DId you ever see the reality show "Amish in the City" that was on about 5 years ago? It was awesome, everyone thought they were mormons!!!!!!!!

Kris and Kally said...

OH I do love your adventures and I love it even more when you chronicle them! We loved having you here and I must say, that WHOA you are CUTE, not huge! hehe! I'm heading your way...maybe this week! I think that would be a great idea! And I loved Tyson's reviews from his class... it is always nice to hear that you're good looking and it looks like you work out! hehe! Tell him Hi and give Baby Bear a kiss!