Thursday, June 4, 2009

B-day...


So, I posted about my doctors appointment that I had on Wednesday May 27Th, I was still only dilated to a 2, so my doctor said if our little guy didn't come by Sunday the 31st, then we would go to the hospital on Sunday to be induced. Well of course because there was a "plan of action", our little bear wasn't going to be told what to do - At least that's what I told Tyson Wednesday after the doctors. 

Well on Thursday morning I woke up having contractions every ten minutes along with other pre-labor signs, which was so exciting, we figured we'd be in the hospital by the end of the day, figuring that my contractions were quite uncomfortable, we were kinda hope'in my water would break. Well no such luck. I just kept having contractions all day and all night. For a while they 'd be consistent and then stop. Friday morning I called the doctors telling them about my contractions and other signs, but they said to wait and see if my water broke or wait till my contractions were 5 minutes apart for an hour, which by the way would have killed me. So I think. But anyways, once the afternoon hit on Friday my contractions just kinda simmered down. So by late Friday night, I was thinking we'd just be going to the hospital Sunday evening. Until around 3am on Saturday morning I started getting my contractions about 10 minutes apart but they were really uncomfortable and every hour after that, it just got worse. So by 6:45 am I woke up Tyson to tell him I how I was feeling and we decided to get showered and eat a little breakfast.  Around 8:00am I called the "on call doctor" and told her how I was feeling and she said to head on over to the hospital and get looked at and the hospital would call her and they would decide what to do with me. After our family prayer and a wonderful blessing from Tyson, we headed to the hospital. We got all checked in and we were sitting in an examination room by 8:45am, the nurse came in and said I was dilated to a 6, so they checked me into labor and delivery. YEA! 
Once in our room, they got my IV all hooked up, I was feeling the pain so I got my epidural which by the way went great! The entire day went by so fast and for the most part all I did was lay in bed and talk with Tyson and our awesome nurse and of course I watched a little Food Network and took a nice nap, I was tired the entire day due to being up since 3 am because of my wonderful contractions. By 1:00 in the afternoon they came in and broke my water and by 3:30 they came to give me some pitocin because I was still only at a 7/8 cm, and by 6:45 Baby Bear was totally in position to come on out, I pushed until 7:42pm when our little baby bear - became our little Brody Reese Crowther. Weighing in at 9lbs 9ounces and measuring in at 21 inches long. At first they told us he was 19 inches long and I thought no way, he has to be longer than that, so we asked them to measure him again - so yup 21 inches. He barely made a peep coming on out and has been just so sweet and mellow every since. He is without a doubt PERFECT! 
Everything went so perfectly! Tyson was so amazing making the experience even better. I love him for how amazing he is, not only is he the best husband he is an incredible daddy too.  The entire experience was wonderful. I feel so grateful and blessed. 


Just waiting

Anxious and Excited Papa Bear 

Our first family photo

So now we've been home since Monday evening and everything has been great! My Mommers came on Tuesday and it's been so wonderful to have her here. We are all doing good. Brody is the best little bear. He's a wonderful sleeper and eater and on top of it he loves to cuddle and give us lots of love. I couldn't ask for more. 

We are so grateful for all that has happened in the past week. 

THANKS to everyone for your phone calls, thoughts, prayers, gifts, meals and visiting us! 
We really appreciate everything! 

We Love You!
Tyson, Jen and Brody

*(By the way...not too sure how long it will take us to break using the word "bear" so just get use to it.) 

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I am so THRILLED for you guys! I remember how exciting it is to bring a baby home! It is still just as exciting when I come home from work and get to see my little chubba-lub. You guys will be the best parents! What a cute baby boy! This is getting pretty random now, so I will just say WAHOO! Babies are the best!

Jamie Lynn said...

Hi JEN!! So I am in the airport in Korea waiting for our plane back to the US and I have been dying to check your blog to see your beautiful little Brody!! Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well you look so happy. I am so sad I'm not there to bring you ice cream and see your little cutie but I can't wait to see him in July!

Jennifer said...

Congrats again! I've been meaning to call...but that darn time difference makes it hard. Feel free to call me if you're up late at night :) I'm so glad everything is going well!