Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let's eat cake...lots of cake...

So a little over a month ago - one of Tyson's classmates also known as my friend Alissa asked me if I wanted to take a cake decorating class with her and some other girls from the statistics department. I of course said Yes, but the girls had to promise that they wouldn't talk about Statistics. They were more than thrilled to not have to talk about school. So we were good to go and super excited! We all got signed up and started our 4 week class at the beginning of November. We learned all sorts of fun techniques from baking a cake from scratch, frosting the cake so it's nice and smooth, piping techniques and decorating ideas.

So without further a'do (this is for you mommers)...here are pictures from all of our classes...


cake 1

we learned how to pipe with different frosting tips and we had to follow a 'rainbow' pattern on our cakes.

cake 2

Danielle, Me, Alice and Alissa with our very first and probably last decorated Rainbow cakes

cake 4

cake cake cake...yummy!

cake 3

the best part of the class was learning how to make 'roses'. So fun!

cake 5

And...Ta'da! Cakes with roses!

cake 6
Honestly... I would have never taken this class alone. So I was so happy these girls ask me to join them. It was really only fun because of them! Love you girls!
Thanks Alissa, Danielle and Alice!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! Now you can be one of those awesome parents that makes amazing cakes for their kids birthdays!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Oh my goodness! You know how much I LOVE cake! That looks like so much fun! Now I'm totally craving frosting... yum...

heather said...

I have always wanted to take a class!! Looks way fun!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had posted these!!! I think one of them would look good on the new statistics department homepage:)