Wednesday, January 19, 2011

C is for Cookie...


or maybe it should be D is for Dough...cookie dough!

we went swimming the other night and then came home and whipped together some yummy chocolate chip cookies for a little snack before bath and bed time.

while the cookies baked, what's better than eating the dough, right? YUM! brody throughly enjoy the dough!

cookie2
what?

do you have a favorite cookie recipe? this chocolate chip cookie doesn't disappoint and we think it's pretty much the best!

cookie4

Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

1 egg

1 egg yolk

2 cups chocolate chips (I use 1/2 white or butterscoth chips and 1/2 milk chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

Sift(or fluff with a wisk) together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on size of cookie) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Eat and Enjoy!

3 comments:

Scottie and Angie said...

Ok i am totally going to try your recipe! I love chocolate chip cookies...especially the dough and yours look amazing!

Brooks said...

Yum! I can't wait to try these!

Okay, so hopefully you remember me. This is Brooks (Sloan) your one-time room mate. I love reading your blog, and have been blog-stalking you for some time... if you ever want to return the favor (it's really outdated currently...) my blog is located at: http://www.brooksoutnumbered.blogspot.com
Brody's adorable!! I'm sure that people tell you this all the time, but shouldn't he be on a package of baby food or something??

I love reading your blog, and seeing all of your creative ideas for parties, etc... You're so good!! You always were a great graphic designer. So, I know it's totally random to hear from me, but seeing all your posts has inspired me, and I need your help!! My husband graduates Dental School (in Las Vegas... I can't believe you were approximately 12 miles from my house over Christmas!!) in May and I am trying to plan an open house in his honor to say goodbye to all of our friends/family here that we won't see for a while. I want it to be a real hit, and the fountain of ideas that you are, I would love some input!! The theme for the party is "Sweet Tooth".

Wow. If you have any ideas you are just BURSTING to share, please e-mail me: brooks_gailey@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you and catch up!!

Erin Curtis said...

I have butter (UNSALTED butter even) sitting out, trying my patience as it returns to room temperature after a long sleep in the freezer, and whilst I wait I'm going to print your recipe and scrap mine. Looks fabulous. I better get some MILK. =)